This is the most advanced and the final
stage of shalabhasana.
1. After performing Purna shalabhasana, slowly remove
the feet from the head and then slowly slide on the ground to the maximum extent
(refer Fig. 77.0). The hip should touch the crown of the head .
2. Hold in this position for about 8 to 10
seconds with even breathing.
3. Slowly go; back to the original position of
shalabhasana and then back to ;normal position.
1. The advanced posture of shalabhasana has several
therapeutic advantages, more particularly this exercise nourishes the nervous
system in Muladhara sector. So this exercise helps to increase the blood
circulation in the region of pelvic plexus, hypo-gastric plexus and pharyngeal
2. This exercise helps to cure diabetes, enlarged
prostate, fistula, stomach ulcer and other abdominal disorders.
3. The advanced shalabhasana, that is, Purna and
Viparitha shalabhasana helps to provide good exercise to the eyes,
particularly for central fixation.