VATAYANASANA:(Horse Face Posture)
'Vatayana' means a 'horse'. This asana resembles the
face of the horse. Hence it is termed as Vatayanasana.
1. Sit on the ground. Place the right foot at the
root of left thing in half Padmasana position.
2. Exhale slowly, raise the trunk from the ground and
place the top of the right knee on the floor. Keep the left foot near the
right knee and keep the left thing parallel to the ground.
3. Stretch forward and raise the hands slowly.
Bend the elbows and raise the arms near the chest (refer Fig. 19.0). Place the
back of the upper right arm near the elbows.
4. Hold in this position for about 20 second with normal
5. Slowly release the arms first, and then sit on the
floor and relax. 6. Repeal this process on the other side also. Note:
In the initial stage it will be very difficult to maintain balance as well as
twisting the hands. But with regular practice one can attain perfection
1. Leg pain and joints pain will be cured.
2. Due to twist of hands it provides flexibility to
hands and fingers. Hence it is recommended for artists and craftsmen.