UTTITHA HASTHA PADANGUSTASANA
'Uttitha' refers to extend or
to project. 'Hastha' refers to the 'hands' 'Padangusta' refers to the big
toe. This exercise refers to standing on one leg and extending the other
leg to the front, simultaneously holding the toe of the extended leg.
1. Stand as Fig. 1.0.
2. Raise right leg up and hold big toe with both hands.
Take 2 or 3 breaths.
3. Move the right leg forward so that it should be
parallel to the ground (refer Fig. 12.0).
4. By exhalation palace the chin on the right knee and
take 2 or 3 deep breaths (refer Fig. 12.1). Focus the eyes towards the tip
of the big toe.
5. Slowly release the right leg in order to come back
to original position. 6. Repeat the process similarly on the other
side i.e., left side.
1. This exercise is recommended to those who are
suffering from obesity and excessive fat in the hip region.
2. This exercise helps to relieve pains in a region of
legs, knees and back.
3. This exercise helps to increase the height.
4. Since the legs are stretched in this exercise, it is
beneficial to athletes and sportsman.