UTKATASANA: (The chair Posture)
This refers to sit like a
chair. Though this exercise appears to be simple, only by
regular practice one can perform this exercise properly.
1. Stand in position as in
2. Lift the arms above the head and
join the palms together (refer Fig. 5.0).
3. Exhaling slowly bend the knees and
lower the trunk. While doing so ensure to keep the chest
as back as possible (refer Fig. 5.0).
4. Remain in this posture for about 15
to 30 seconds.
5. Inhaling slowly come back to ;the original
6. Practice this exercise one or two
1. It is very useful to those who
are suffering from stiffness in the shoulder and recurring pain
in the knee region.
2. It gives stimulating effect to the
chest as the diaphragm is lifted up, which results in good heart