UPAVISTA KONASANA: (Long leg stretch Exercise)
1. Sit on the ground and stretch the legs forward.
2. Move the legs towards both the sides and slowly widen so
that they are in a straight line.
3. Stretch both hands and hold the big toes (as shown
in the Fig. 46.0).
Exhale and bend forward so that the chin should touch
4. Hold in this position for about 20 seconds with
5. Inhale slowly, raise the trunk off from the floor
and release the hands and resume the normal position.
1. This exercise is recommended to ladies, because it
regulates menstrual flow and stimulates the ovaries.
2. This provides enough strength to legs and
shoulders and hence more particularly this is beneficial for athletes and
3. this exercise helps to increase the height and also
gives good shape to the body.
4. Most suitable for those suffering from Hernia.