This is one of the most
difficult and also an important yogic exercise, which has several traditional
values. Trivikrama refers to 'Lord Vishnu'.
1. Stand firmly. Ensure that the entire body
should be straight.
2. Slowly raise the right leg upward and then raising
the right hand place them on the feet ( as shown in the Fig. 16.0).
Interlock the fingers and stretch the arms in order to ;hold the right heel
firmly as shown in the figure.
3. Ensure that the right calf is near the right ear and
then slowly widen the elbows. while doing so ensure to maintain the body,
straight and be well balanced.
4. Stay in this position for about 8 to 10
seconds with normal breathing.
5. Slowly release the right heel and the leg in order
to resume the normal position.
6. Repeat the process alternatively on the other side
with the same procedure.
Note: This exercise can also be performed in the
lying position as shown fig 16.1. Those who find difficult to perform in
the standing position, should start this exercise first on the lying posture.
1. This exercise involves extensive stretch to the legs
and things, hence it helps to provide good nourishment to th legs. This is
one of the very useful exercises for athletes and sportsmen.
2. It helps to build legs and things very strong.
3. It helps to cure Hernia.
4. Another important benefit from this exercise is that
it helps to reduce sexual urge which helps to control the mind.
5. Performing this exercise helps to increase the blood
circulation in pelvic region and also in genital organs and keeps those organs