This asana has spiritual
significance and is also one of the most precious exercise in yogic science.
it resembles the sacred dance that is explained in our holy scripts. This
exercise helps to provide body balance, physical and mental control,
concentration and energy to the body system.
1. Perform Natarajasana. (refer
2. Slowly bend the leg to hold the grip from ;one hand
near the ankle region. The other hand should hold near the knees.
The legs should be straight and perpendicular to the ground. Stretch the
body well and maintain the balance for about 8 to 10 seconds with even
refer Fig. 15.0)
3. Exhale, slowly release the hand first at the ankle
grip and then at the knee grip and relax.
4. Repeat the pose on the other side also.
1. This asana provides balance to the entire body.
There is an utmost stretch to the legs, hands, back and stomach, hence this
asana provides stiffness to the body.
2. This asana is most helpful to athletes, sportsmen
and also for growing children.
3. Joints pain, back pain, shoulder pain and muscular
stiffness will be effectively cured.