TRIDONASANA: (Triangle Posture)
"Trikona" refers to
'triangle' and this exercise exhibits revolving triangular
1. Stand firmly and keep the legs straight.
2. Inhale, move the legs about 3 to 4
feet from one another. The knees and body should be
straight. Raise both hands to the level of shoulder to the
respective side (refer Fig. 3.0).
Turn right foot towards right side at 90
degrees to the right and turn left foot slightly to the right.
4. Exhale slowly and simultaneously
lower the right hand palm in order to place the palm on the
ground and raise the left hand upward, and see the tips of the
5. Hold this position for about a minute and
while doing so breathing should be deep and even.
6. After that come back to the normal
position. Repeat the same on the other side.
1. Helps to strengthen the muscles of
the back, hips, and legs. It cures backache, shoulder pain
and joints pain.
2. Strengthens the ankles, knees and
3. Spinal problems will be cured.