TITTIBHASANA: (Insect Posture)
1. Stand straight and stretch the hands above the head.
2. Exhale slowly, bend forward and then place the palms
on the floor by the sides of the hips.
3. Supporting the palm firmly, slowly lift both the
legs so that it should touch the shoulder (refer Fig. 53.0). The body and
knees should be straight and well stretched.
1. This is one of the key exercises to cure chronic
back pain and it is recommended for working professionals , executives suffering
from severe back pain.
2. In this exercise the lower part of the stomach,
thighs, and shoulders are stretched extensively and hence joints pain will be
3. In this exercise the entire body is balanced on the
palms. This is a very good exercise for hands and shoulders as well
as the legs. Hence this exercise is most beneficial to athletes and