'Simha' means 'Lion'. This exercise imparts beauty to
the face and its regular practice improves the facial expression considerable.
1. Bend both the legs and fold the knees backward.
Sit on the heels comfortably. Ensure the body, the head, and the neck are
straight. The entire body weight should be on the toes. Keep the
palms near the knees.
2. Exhaling the air, open the mouth slowly.
3. Stretch the tongue out as far as possible.
4. Raise the eyes little, so that the eyes concentrate
on the eyebrow.
5. Please note to stretch the hands well.
6. While doing this exercise one should open the mouth
as far as possible. Similarly stretch, the tongue in order to get good
benefits of the exercise (refer Fig. 29.0).
7. Breathe deeply for about 40 to 60 seconds.
8. Slowly withdraw the tongue back and also take back
the hands. Finally come back to the relaxed position.
1. It is a useful exercise for teachers, singers and
musicians as it tones up the vocal chords.
2. Practicing this exercise helps to cure throat trouble,
tonsillitis and thyroid problems.
3. This exercise beautifies eyes and improves the
facial appearance. It is nothing but an beauty aid to ladies.
4. Performing this exercise enhances the sharpness of
5. This exercise is recommended for those who suffer
6. This helps to cure the enlarged tonsils and throat
7. This exercise helps to improve salivary secretions,
which in turn, helps the digestion of food. Hence this exercise is
recommended for those suffering from constipation.
8. Practicing this exercise will tone up the
respiratory system of the body.