SETU BANDA SARVANGASANA: (Bridge Posture)
1. First perform Viparitha karni
(refer Fig. 55.0).
2. Rest the palms firmly on the back and lift the hips
and waist upward retaining shoulders and feet on the floor. Stretch the
legs and keep them together (Fig. 59.0).
3. While doing the process, it forms a bridge, the
weight lies on elbows and wrists.
4. Fig. 59.1 refers to Ekapada Setubanada Sarvangasana.
In this exercise though it is similar to setubanada sarvangasana exhale
slowly and lift right leg up to a perpendicular level.
5. Hold for about 30 seconds with normal breathing.
6. Release the palms slowly and back to the normal
1. Cures pain in the region of neck, shoulder, knees
2. Gives nourishing effect to spinal cord and also the
neck pain is cured completely.
3. Cures kidney problems and removes the fat in the
region of hips and stomach.
4. Helps to nourish the entire nervous system of
5. Helps to cure gastric trouble and respiratory