'Raja' means the 'king' ,
Rajakapothasana means the 'king of pigeons'. Here the chest, which is,
pushed forward resembles the pigeon, hence this name.
1. Perform Bhujangasana (refer Fig. 70.0).
2. By exhalation lift the head and trunk upward to the
maximum extent. Bend the knees and lift the feet up.
3. Move both the hands towards back, firmly hold the
knees with the hands. The head should rest on the soles and heels.
4. Hold in this position for about 10 to 15 seconds.
5. Release the hands first and place the palms in front
on the floor. Thereafter slowly rest the chest on the floor and relax.
1. In this exercise the lumbar region of the spine are
stretched well and hence the problems in those regions will be effectively cured.
2. The neck and shoulder pain is relieved.
3. Due to increased blood circulation in the area of
thyroids, parathyroid and adrenal glands, the problem in those areas is cured.
4. As the abdominal organs are pressed on the floor
while performing this exercise, all the abdominal problems are cured.