This is the advanced posture
of Bhujangasana and it is difficult to perform in the initial stage. By
attaining perfection and constant practice, one can easily perform this
1. Perform Bhujangasana (refer Fig. 70.0).
2. Slowly raise the head so that the crown of the head
touches the buttock region. Move the arms slowly towards the back and hold
near the ankles. (refer Fig. 71.0).
3. Stay in this position for about 8 to 10 seconds with
4. Slowly release the had grip and also lift the head
in order to come back to a normal position.
1. This exercise provides complete stretching to the
muscles of neck, back and trunk. Hence the back pain, pain in the region
of neck, gastric problem are effectively cured.
2. In this exercise the neck region is stretched
extensively and hence the vocal tubes become clean and perfect. Hence,
this exercise is particularly recommended to musicians, artists and lecturers.