1. Lie down on the floor with the face upward.
Bend both the knees and wrap the hands around the legs as shown in the posture.
2. Ensure that the hands are locked with the support of
3. Exhale slowly, raise the head forward till the
forehead is in between the knees. The thighs should be pressed against the
stomach (refer Fig. 96.1).
4. Inhale bring the forehead near the knees.
Repeat the process for about 10 times (refer Fig. 96.1).
5. Inhale deeply and gradually lower the head and
6. This exercise is performed on each side, wherein
each thigh presses against the stomach in Ekapada Pavanamukthasana (refer fig.
96.0). Those who find it difficult t perform Dwipada Pavanamukthasana, can
start with Ekpadas Pavanamukthasana (refer Fig. 96.1) and with practice it is
easier to perform Dwipada Pavanamukthasana. Since both the thighs
together press against the abdomen, it is called as Dwipada Pavanamukthasana.
1. The therapeutic advantages of Ekada Pavanamukthasana
and Dwipada Pavanamukthasana are more or less same.
2. This is an effective exercise to cure constipation
and digestive disorders. It cures indigestion and promotes digestive
3. In this exercise abdominal region is exercised very
well and all the abdominal diseases are cured.
4. It cures gastric trouble and also those suffering
from piles get relief.