PARVATASANA: (Mountain Posture)
'Parvata' means 'Mountain'. In this exercise the arms
are stretched up over the head and resembles a mountain.
1. Sit as in Padmasana as in Fig 20.1.
2. From the Padmasana posture slowly lift the hips and
thighs so that entire body weight lies on knee (refer Fig. 32.0). Raise
the hand up above the head as shown in the Fig. 32.0.
3. Stay in this posture for a few seconds and breathe
4. Slowly bring the hands down and also rest the body
on the ground and come back to a relaxed position.
Note: Those who experience difficulty in
performing this exercise can take the support of a wail while doing this
1. It gives strength to the legs, thighs and knees.
2. It improves the body balance position.
3. Removes rheumatic pains and stiffness in the