'Parshva' refers to 'side'.
In this exercise there will be an intense stretch, more particularly the side of
the chest will be stretched more.
1. Stand in the posture explained in
2. Hold the hands behind the back (as shown in
Fig. 9.0). The hands should be placed in the middle of the back.
3. By inhaling, place the leg forward and slowly
stretch the head back. Hold in the position for about 20 second.
Take about 2 or 3 breaths (refer Fig. 9.1).
4. By exhaling bend the body forward and rest the head
on the right knee (refer Fig. 9.2).
5. Stay in this posture for about 30 to 40 seconds with
6. Inhale and move the head forward and then to the
7. Repeat this process on the left side also.
1. This exercise helps to cure stiffness of the
2. It helps to cure various spinal problems and back
3. It give strength to the shoulder and also cures chest pain
and pain in the region of neck.