1. Stand as in Fig.
2. By inhalation as far as possible spread
the legs on both the sides and also raise the arms on both the
3. Exhaling slowly, turn the right foot
(as shown in the Fig. 8.0) and left foot slightly to the right
so that the right leg should be stretched well as shown in
the figure. After that, bend the right leg at the knee so
that it should be perpendicular to the ground. (refer Fig.
4. Keep the right palm on the floor
just on the side of the right foot.
5. Stretch the left arm over the left
ear. Ensure to keep head up and focus the eyes towards the
finger tips (refer Fig. 8.1).
6. Stay in this position for 30 to 50
seconds and breathe slowly and evenly.
7. By slowly inhaling straighten the
right leg and comeback to ;the original position.
8. Repeat the exercise on the other
1. Practicing this asana helps to
reduce the fat at the waist. This helps to give strength
to the thighs.
2. Helps to cure arthritic pains.
3. This helps to cure shoulder pain and
4. It helps to provide sharpness to ;the
5. This exercise helps to give good
body shape and good body structure.