'foot' and 'hasta' refers 'hand'. Here in this exercise
the requirement is to stretch the back and legs down.
1. Stand as in position
1.0 Ensure to keep the feet together.
2. Inhale slowly, stretch the hands up
(refer Fig. 7.0).
3. Exhale slowly, bend forward and
place the palm ;on the ground adjacent to feet, and now touch
the knees with the head. Ensure to keep the legs straight
(as shown in fig. 7.1).
4. Stay in this position for about 15 to 20
seconds and breathe evenly.
5. Slowly place the palms below the
foot (as in Fig. 7.2 ). Remain in this position and take 2
to 4 breaths.
6. Inhale slowly, raise the head and
slowly resume to a normal position.
1. This exercise gives nourishing
effect to; the organs like abdomen, liver and kidney.
2. Practicing this exercise will help
to cure all digestive problems and gastric problems.
3. It has a curative effect for back pain and
pain in the region of ankle.