NAVASANA: (Boat Posture)
1. Sit on the ground and stretch the legs forward.
2. Place the hands on the side of the body.
3. Raise the legs and thighs from the ground and
simultaneously raise both the hands, so that the legs and hands are horizontal.
4. The balance should be maintained on the buttocks and
no part of the body except buttock should be on the floor (refer Fig. 47.0).
5. Stay in this posture for a few seconds with normal
Note: Though most of the benefits are similar to
Janu Shirshasana, this exercise particularly helps to cure backache and nervous