'Nataraja', the name of 'Lord
Shiva', that is the lord of dance. This is one of the beautiful postures
in yoga practice, which symbolizes the dance of Lord Shiva.
1. Stand as Fig. 1.0.
2. Stretch the right arms forward and kep them parallel
to the ground.
3. Bend the left knee towards back and hold the left
big toe from left hand.
4. Pull the knee-cap up and keep the left leg
poker stiff and perpendicular to the floor (refer Fig. 14.0).
5. Keep the balance and stay for 10 to 15 seconds with
6. Slowly release the grip of the left foot and
simultaneously lower both arms. Stand again in original position.
7. Repeat the posture on the other side.
1. By practicing this exercise one can develop vigor
2. It helps to strengthen the leg muscles and shoulder.
3. By doing this exercise all the vertebral joints will
be stretched and gives good benefit to vertebral joints.
4. It helps to reduce fat in the region of waist, hips
5. Practicing this exercise helps to reduce back pain
and spinal problems.