This exercise is quite similar
to Mayrrasana. But in this case, Mayurasana is performed with Padmasana
posture. Though it is similar to Mayrrasana, it gives utmost exercise and
stimulation to the abdominal parts.
1. Start with Padmasana as explained in
2. Continue the process of Mayurasana. The body
should be horizontal to ground (refer Fig. 33.1). The whole body balance should
be on the fingers.
Note: Initially this asana may be difficult to perform,
but with practice one can attain body balance and easily perform this exercise.
Since it is a difficult exercise, sick persons an pregnant women are advised not
to practice this exercise.
1. Performing this exercise tones up the abdominal
portion, hence this exercise cures all the abdominal diseases most effectively.
2. This exercise helps to increase digestive power and
cures constipation and stomach pain.
3. This exercise has curative effect for those
suffering from diabetes.
4. This exercise gives strength to the forearms,
fingers, thighs and legs and hence it is more effective for athletes and