MARICHASANA: (Spinal Twist)
1. Sit on the floor and stretch the legs forward.
2. Bend the left knee and heel should touch the back of
the thigh. It should be perpendicular to the ground. Move the
shoulder and stretch the arms back and hold the hands.
3. Turn slowly to the left and take a few breaths (as shown
4. Exhale slowly and bend forward so that the chin is
placed on the thigh just above the right knee. The shoulder should be
straight. Stay in this position for a few seconds and breathe normally.
(refer Fig. 40.1)
5. Inhale slowly, raise the head and relax.
Practice this exercise on the other side too.
1. Practicing this exercise helps to cure all the
2. This is a useful exercise for those who are
suffering from gall-bladder and kidney problems.
3. It is a good exercise for diabetic patients.
4. This helps to cure shoulder pain and slipped disc.
5. Helps to maintain good blood circulation in the
abdominal region and keeps them healthy.