MANDUKASANA: (Frog Posture)
In Sanstrit 'manduka' means 'frog'. The action
and posture resemble a frog.
1. Lie on the stomach with the face downward.
Start exhaling and raise the legs and hold the ankles with the hands.
2. Take two or three breaths. Lift the head and
the trunk above the floor and focus on a particular object (as in
3. Remain in this position for about 20-30 seconds.
4. Exhale slowly and release the palms from the feet
and slowly come back to relaxed position.
1. Since the abdominal organs are pressed, it cures all
the abdominal disorders.
2. Knee, joints pain, rheumatic pain w8ill be cured.
3. In this exercise the hands and the feet are
stretched, so it gives strength to the hands and legs. It cures sprained
ankles and hence it helps sportsmen.