KURMASANA: (The tortoise Posture)
1. Sit on the floor and stretch the legs forward.
2. Widen the legs about a foot and a half.
3. By bending the knees, insert both the arms and
stretch them straight outside (refer fig. 45.0).
4. Rest the shoulders on the floor and keep the palms
on the ground.
5. Exhale slowly and bend the trunk so that the chin
should touch the floor. The legs, arms and back should be straight.
6. Stay in this position for about 30 to 40
7. Inhale slowly, lift the head, release the hands and feet
and then come back to the normal position.
1. This yogic exercise is considered as an important
spiritual discipline of yoga as it develops concentration and equilibrium.
Practicing this exercise develo0ps concentration and tones up the nervous system
of the body so that it reduces anxiety, anger and depression.
2. This exercise cures back pain and tones up spinal
and nervous system.
3. This exercise provides good shape and beautification
to the body.