KUKKUTASANA: (Cock Posture)
1. Sit in Padmasana position (refer fig. 20.1).
2. Drop the hands in between the space of the thighs
and calf near the knees. (as in Fig. 31.0).
3. Press the palms on the ground and gradually raise
the body above the ground with the balance of the palms (refer Figs.
31.1 & 31.2).
The hands should be straight. Lift the head as shown
in the figure.
4. Hold and maintain balance for about 20 to 30 seconds
with normal breathing.
5. Release the hands slowly and rest on the floor.
6. After attaining balance by doing exercise of Part-I
practise the Part-II exercise, which is the advanced form of kuddutasana.
Here in this exercise instead of inserting the hands in between the thighs and
calf, they should be placed in front of the legs (refer Figs. 31.1 and 31.2).
Raise the knees to the maximum extent.
1. Very useful exercise for back pain.
2. This exercise stimulates lower part of belly and all
abdominal disorder will be eliminated.
3. It gives enough strength to the shoulder, thighs and
to the legs, and hence it is a very effective exercise for athletes and
4. This exercise is recommended for artists and
craftsmen because it gives enough strength to wrists.
5. This exercise gives enough strength to the shoulders
and wrists. It is beneficial to players.
6. Practisting this exercise helps to cure several