Koundinya was a great sage belonging to
Vasista family. This yogic exercise is dedicated to sage Koundinya.
1. Sit on the ground and stretch the legs forward.
2. Exhale slowly, turn the trunk towards the right and
place the palms on the ground.
3. Pressing the palms firmly lift the head and also
raise the trunk slowly. Ensure that legs are parallel to the floor.
The entire body balance rests on the palms.
4. Hold in this position for about 10 to20 seconds with
5. Repeat the process on the other side also.
6. Slowly lower the legs so as to come back to the
1. It gives nourishment to leg muscles, shoulder and
2. Abdominal disorders are cured effectively.
3. Joint pain and arthritis are cured very well.