This asana is dedicated to Lord Anjunaya because of its significance and spiritual values.
exercise helps to provide the courage, strength and power of Lord Hanuman.
Hence it has significant importance in yogic science.
1. Sit on the ground. place the palms on either
side of the body.
2. Slowly lift the knees up. Bring the right leg
forward and left leg back. The leg should be straight, stretched and
horizontal to the ground. The entire body support should lie on the palms
refer Fig. 61.0).
When the balance is attained slowly remove the palm
from the ground and perform salute.
3. Ensure that back and the entire body is straight and
4. Stay in this posture for about 10 to 20 seconds with
1. In this asana the legs are stretched very well and
hence it is most suitable for athletes and sportsmen.
2. This asana is most suitable for ladies because
performing this exercise helps to cure various gynaecological problems.