HALASANA: (The Plough Posture)
It is an extension of Viparitha Karni and is considered as one of the best Hatha yoga systems.
1. Start with Sarvangasana posture. (refer fig. 56.0).
2. Stretch the hands back on the floor with the palm
touching the ground. Move the trunk upwards so that toes rest on the floor
(refer Fig. 57.0). Chin is to be pressed against chest.
3. Hold for 15 to 20 seconds with normal
4. Return back slowly to the normal position.
5. Repeat the process only twice.
Precaution: Those who are suffering from stiffness in
spinal column or long illness are advised to practice this asana under the
supervision of yoga teacher.
1. Most beneficial exercise for the spinal column.
2. It helps to strengthen the spinal cord, which gets
maximum stretch and hence all the disorders will be rectified.
3. Abdominal muscles are stretched and defect in that
region will be cured. Ensures good digestion and appetite.
Practicing this exercise helps to give physical beauty, youthfulness and good
shape to the body.
4. Activates the glandular systems and helps to cure
5. It reduces the excess fat in the region of hips and
6. Provides youthfulness to the face and to the body.
7. It nourishes the sexual organ and provides sexual
power and vigor. Strengthens the weak sex glands.