'Garuda' refers to an 'eagle' . This posture gives
symbolic representation of an eagle. We know that the eagle is the king of
birds. Quite similarly, Garudasana is one of
the prominent exercises in the yogic science.
1. Stand in position as Fig. 1.0.
2. Stretch both; the hands forward. Hands should
be horizontal to the ground. Place right leg forward and take 2 or 3
3. Bend the elbow and raise the arm to the level of
nose. Simultaneously place the right foot behind the left leg (refer Fig.
4. Stay in this position for few seconds with normal
5. Release the arms and legs slowly and come back to
the normal position.
6. Repeat this exercise on the left side as explained
1. Performing this exercise helps to provide strength
to the hands and legs. it relieves the pain in ankles and shoulders.
2. Helps to remove the cramps in the calf muscles.
3. It gives body balance and sharpness to the body.