EKAPADA SHAYANADANDA EKAHASTHA MAYURASANA (Single Hand
1. Perform Vajrasana (refer Fig. 22.0).
2. Stand on the knees, slowly lock the left leg with
the support of big toe near the waist.
3. Exhale, put the body weight on the wrist of the left
hand. Raise the legs from the ground, stretch the trunk and head forward.
The right hand should be straight and horizontal to the ground (refer Fig.
4. Hold in this position for about 10 to 20 seconds
with even breathing.
1. Though many of the therapeutic advantages are
similar to Mayurasana in this exercise as the entire body balance rests on
wrists, it gives enough strength to wrists and hands.
2. Abdominal disorders and digestive disorders are
3. Provides strength to the elbows, forearms and
wrists. Hence it is recommended for artists, athletes and sportsmen.