1. Perform Hanumanasana (refer Fig. 61.0).
2. Stretch the chest forward and push the head back as
much as possible. Bend the left knee and place it near the head. The knee
should be perpendicular.
3. By exhalation move the left arm over the head and
grip the left foot. Take few breaths. Start exhalation and place the
right arm over the head and catch the left foot with right hand. (refer
4. Stay in this position for about 8 to 10 seconds and
then slowly release the grip. Finally come back to Hanumanasana.
1. In this exercise the neck and shoulder muscle are
fully exercised. Also strengthen the thighs, legs and the ankles, hence it
is recommended for athletes and sportsmen.
2. This exercise is also recommended for growing
children in order to attain height and personality.
3. This exercise helps to eliminate urinary disorders
and also checks sexual diseases.
4. Due to increase of blood circulation to thyroids,
parathyroid, and adrenal glands, the disorders in those region are effectively