DHANURASANA: (The Bow Posture)
1. Lie down with face an stomach downward.
2. Stretch the arms and hold the feet firmly.
3. Inhale slowly, raise the trunk and head.
Continue to raise trunk, simultaneously raise the knees and head, so that the
body stretches like head, so that the body stretches like a bow. Hold for
few seconds with normal breathing. (refer Fig. 79.0).
4. Start exhaling, slowly lower the knees and the head.
Repeat the exercise 2 or 3 times.
5. Release the feet, hands and relax completely.
1. This exercise removes all the intestinal and the
abdominal disorders. It improves the digestive system and cures
2. This exercise is recommended to; those who are obese
as it eliminates fat in the region of stomach, hips and thighs.
3. This is the most suitable exercise for women
suffering from irregular menstruation, because in this exercise endocrine glands
are toned up.
4. This exercise cures problems in the area of adrenal
thyroid, parathyroid, pituitary and sexual glands.
5. It cures the disorder of joints, spinal chord and
lungs. Urinary diseases, piles and gastric problems will be cured.
6. This exercise helps to provide flexibility to the
spinal column and strengthens the nervous system.