CHAKRASANA: (Wheel Posture)
'Chakra' refers to
'Wheel' , and in this yogic practice, body should bend and resemble a wheel.
This exercise can be done either in standing position or in lying
1. Perform Tadasana.
2. Place the legs apart, about one-foot.
3. Raise the hands above the head. The hands
should be straight.
4. Inhale slowly and then bend the body backwards.
5. Slowly bend the body and then place the palm on the
ground just behind the ankles.
6. The hands and legs should be erect and firm.
7. Hold in this position for a few seconds with normal
breathing. Come back to the normal position and relax.
1. This exercise is very good for those who are
suffering form back pain. In this exercise the entire back position is
exercised very well so it is very useful to sportsmen.
2. This exercise helps to correct the disorders of the
3. Cures the disorders of the neck, shoulder and the
spine. It helps to make the spinal column more flexible.
4. It helps to cure throat problems, tonsils and
5. Improves vision power and corrects eye disorders.