'Baddha' means 'Bond' or 'grip' and kona
refers to 'anangle'. This exercise has several therapeutic advantages,
especially recommended for ladies and pregnant women.
1. Sit and stretch the leg straight (as in Fig 20.0).
2. Slowly bend the knees and place the feet closer to
the trunk. Ensure that the sole and heels are together and catch the feet
near the toes, take the heels closer to the perineum (refer Fig.26.0).
3. "Widen the thighs and lower the knees till they
touch the ground.
4. Interlock the fingers and hold the feet firmly
5. Exhale slowly, bent forward so that nose and chin
touch the ground (refer Fig 26.1).
6. Stay in this posture for about a minute with even
7. Inhale slowly, raise the trunk ;from the ground and
back to the normal posture (refer Fig.26.0). Release the feet, straighten
the legs and relax
1. As explained above this exercise is extremely useful
to all women. It controls menstrual disorders and ensures better
functioning of the ovaries. If the pregnant woman practices daily once or
twice, it will have the beneficial effect of less pain during the delivery and
freedom from varicose veins.
2. Practicing this exercise helps to cure all urinary
disorders. This helps to keep the kidney and urinary bladder healthy.
3. This helps to relieve all the diseases of the urinary