'Ardha' refers to 'half', 'Padma' symbolizes 'Lotus'. 'Utthana'
means an 'intense stretch'. Here in this exercise, it is half way to
padmasana but perform this exercise in standing posture.
1. Stand as in Fig. 1.0.
2. Inhale slowly and raise the right leg and rest the
sole of the right foot on the left thing.
3. Exhale slowly, raise the arms up, slowly bend
forward placing the palms on the floor (refer Fig. 11.0) and take deep
4. Ensure to rest the head or the chin on the left knee
(refer Fig. 11.1).
5. Inhale slowly by lifting the palm from ;the floor
and also releasing the left foot. Slowly return back to the normal
1. Helps to cure the stiffness in the knees.
2. Provides good digestive power and checks
3. Eliminates obesity in the region of stomach.
4. It cures back pain and a stiff back and gives