ARDHA CHANDRASANA :(Half-Moon Posture)
'Ardsha' refers to 'half'. Chandra is the 'Moon'.
This yogic exercise resembles the half moon, hence it is termed as Ardha
1. Perform Tadasana (refer to Fig. 1.0).
2. Raise the hands above the head. The hands and
body should be straight and stretched well.
3. Inhale, slowly bend backward so that the back
and hands are horizontal to the ground.
4. Hold in this position for about 15 to 20 seconds.
Breathe deeply and evenly.
5. Slowly raise the hands and body forward, then back
to the normal position.
1. It provides good nourishment to the abdominal organs
and digestive system of the body.
2. Practicing this exercise helps to cure gastric
trouble and indigestion.
3. It provides body balance, stiffness to the leg
muscles and to the hands.
4. It provides good body shape and structure.