This is one of the
wonderful yogic exercises, which has several benefits for the human body system.
1. Sit on the ground and stretch the legs straight
2. Hold right big toe by left hands and left big toe by
a right hand. Hold the big toes with the help of index and middle fingers.
3. Exhale, slowly fold the left leg at the knee's
position and insert below the shoulder of the left hand. Pull the left
foot up until the heel is near the right ear (refer Fig. 83.0).
4. Hold in this position for about 15 to 20 seconds
with normal breathing.
5. Slowly bring down the left leg to the ground and
keep both the legs stretched on the ground.
7. Repeat the exercise on the other side as explained
1. This exercise gives severe stretch to the muscles,
hop joints and shoulders. hence this exercise will help cure joints pain
and rheumatic pains.
2. While performing this exercise the abdominal muscles
are contracted which helps movement of bowels. Hence it curs all the
abdominal disorders and strengthens the digestive system.